Table of Contents
- Liferay is an open-source venture gateway used to empower corporate intranet and extranet. This Java-based web application stage gives a toolset for the development of customizable portals and websites.
- Alfresco is enterprise content and document management platform which pretty much means that it allows its users to access, manage, share, and save content in the cloud and on any of their devices, wherever they are.
Normal prerequisites leading to considering both Liferay and Alfresco:
Some of the common requirements that customer have in their requirement sheets before they pick either of these frameworks and then look for a partner to implement them are:
- Document Management
- Wikis, Blogs, Chat
- Business Workflow around the content
- Sharing of Documents
- Forums and Discussion Boards
- Enterprise Search
- Intranets and a Common Knowledge Area
- Knowledge Management and Knowledge Sharing
- Event Management and Corporate Calendar
- Mobile responsiveness
- Web Content Management
When Liferay is the right choice?
Liferay is a great portal framework and it is clearly a correct decision when the utilization cases are vigorously towards building mobile responsive presentation interfaces. Other use cases to consider are:
- Mobile-friendly web sites, Intranets, and Portals
- Web content management,
- Distributing tons of static and dynamic substance with work processes to deal with your substance cycles spread across content writers and business jobs
- Less Document Management with the utilization cases to deal with your records centered towards reports you would access on an Intranet or a Web website (compared to a venture wide archive library)
- Collaboration application-centric views with social network integration, social applications, heavy use of wikis, blogs, and chat, etc.
- Integration with underlying corporate systems to present data to a large number of varied business users.
When you should consider Alfresco as a choice?
Alfresco is a great content repository and workflow engine. It is really fabricated more as an Enterprise Document Management System and significantly less as a synergistic entry or Intranet.
Much disarray in its community system job wins in view of its collective module named “Offer” that is a shared application over its record archive. Anyway the Share climate is no counterpart for other communitarian CMS structures like Liferay and Drupal. Consequently it is essential to make a differentiation between overseeing records versus overseeing web content.
Alfresco has long claimed to provide Web content management yet as a general rule the WCM (Web Content Management) experience of overseeing content is bygone and can not measure up to instruments, for example, Liferay that give a much upgraded Web content management system.
Alfresco strengths lay in its great document repository and enterprise search capabilities. Its advancement engine supported alfresco Activity could be a nice Business management method tool which will facilitate automatise heaps of document-based workflows ﴾even non-document primarily based.)
Alfresco is best utilized in situations when you have hundreds and millions of reports to manage and not all reports should be introduced to a website or intranet and just should be managed inside the firewall.
Alfresco ECM and Liferay Digital Experience Platform (DXP) are incredible stages for building up an enterprise content management framework. In spite of the fact that we have covered the significant parts of examination between these two structures here. It is smarter to contact a presumed ECM service supplier to know the most appropriate stage for your for your document management system-related requirements.
While evaluating the two arrangements, analysts discovered Liferay Digital Experience Platform simpler to utilize, set up, and control. Analysts likewise favored working with Liferay Digital Experience Platform generally.
Aspire Softserv stands out as a prominent player in the industry, specializing in Alfresco and Liferay development services. Our company has a proven track record of delivering tailored solutions to meet the unique needs of modern enterprises, all while maintaining a cost-effective approach. With our comprehensive expertise, Aspire Softserv offers a convenient one-stop solution for all your ERP and document management requirements.